The COVID-19 Plan
Thank you for choosing Bacote-Eaddy Funeral Home to serve your family during your time of need. We take the safety and health of your family very seriously. We always strive to exceed the expectations of every family and will continue to do so during this challenging time. Please feel confident that we have taken extra precautions to ensure our facility is sanitized and safe to visit.
Please help us keep our facility safe and clean by observing the following recommendations:
1. If you are sick, please do not visit the funeral home. This includes nausea, vomiting, cough, fever, chills, sweats, fatigue or any other symptoms that indicate you are not well. The bereaved family will be happy to hear from you by phone, electronic or other condolences.
2. Please wash your hands frequently. Use hand sanitizer upon entry and exit of the funeral home. It is recommended that you bring your personal hand sanitizer, facial masks, and nitrile gloves, if needed.
3. The Governor of South Carolina advises to limit public gatherings to 50 guests or less to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Bacote-Eaddy Funeral Home carefully considered this recommendation and adopted it into practice effective immediately for funeral services.
4. To accommodate the 50-guest limit, you will be asked to restrict your funeral service to immediate family and close friends.
5. If more than 50 people want to attend the funeral service, please note that a family representative will be appointed to manage the guest list. Additional guests can be invited to participate via live-streaming if it is authorized by the family.
6. The CDC advises to limit gatherings to 10 people or less. The initial viewing for your loved one should be limited to immediate family only. Public viewings will follow this recommendation. No more than ten people at a time will be allowed in the funeral home for viewing. We are asking our families to help us communicate this to close friends and acquaintances.
7. If anyone in your family is ill, please ask them to stay home during the funeral service. We understand this is a difficult request; however, it is imperative that we take every precaution to prevent the spread of illness and disease.
8. We strongly recommend that all persons continue to follow the guidelines of social distancing; refraining from shaking hands, hugging, and kissing.
9. Please note that these are recommendations adopted by Bacote-Eaddy Funeral Home. Please remember that your attendance at any funeral service or public gathering is at YOUR OWN RISK.
The Bacote-Eaddy Funeral Home
Staff will go above and beyond to accommodate your requests and exceed your
expectations. Still, we need your help. COVID-19 is sweeping the nation and is
requiring our immediate attention and adjustments in the way we manage our
services. Please be considerate of this and help us as we try to keep our
families, staff and facility safe.